Date: April 28, 2018. 1-3 pm at the Victoria Park Gallery (Scouggall Gallery)
Type: Stand Alone or Flowing Backdrops with Acrylic Pours.
Goal: How to prepare colourful acrylic paints for pouring on stretched canvas, boards, tile etc. To create vibrant flows of colour.
Group Size: Maximum 10. Minimum 4.
Group Experience Level: Beginner to intermediate level.
Class Length: 2 hrs
- 2 stretched small canvases (one approx 8×10 and one smaller).
- 2-3 of your favourite acrylic paint colours plus black or white. In warm or cool tones. Avoid colours opposite on the colour wheel or it will make mud. We do have a selection of old paints but recommend you buy your own. Dollar store acrylic paints are good for this project.
- Cover for your clothing (ie messy).
Presenters will Provide:
- Latex gloves.
- Silicon spray.
- Paint extender.
- Dollar store oven tray to work on ie to catch the drips.
- Small plastic cups 1 for each colour of paint and 1 larger cup to hold the pour.
Pat Guay and Donna Taylor our primary background is in watercolour but have
enjoyed the vibrancy and always surprising end product of poured acrylic and alcohol inks.
Contact Information: Donna 519-396-7486. Pat 519-396-8971.
Registration Form: Provided at the gallery or can be downloaded from here.
Deadline for Registering: 48 hours before the workshop date.